Hiya. :-)

I'm having some issues with a piece of software I've written. It works
fine in general, but at my local file server I've got some problems.

The thing that's acting up is a dir handle. I opendir() it, and I can
read fine from it. A bit later in the programs execution, and readdir()
returns NULL (right after I rewinddir()), and errno is not set.

So, basically it's telling me the dir is empty - which it isn't. I've
looked at a gazillion other causes, even run the whole program through
valgrind - no errors there. The dir-pointer is correct when it's being
read from, everything seems to be normal.

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong, and I'm starting to consider two
viable options: memory error or aufs. Could this be the doing of aufs?
Any way to debug it on a bit lower level? Any suggestions?

This is x86, linux 2.6.20.3, slightly old aufs: 20070402.
In my dmesg, the only aufs-related messages are these:
[275196.616129] aufs rmdir_whtmp:773:aufsd[2191]: failed removing
.wh..wh.Mary j blige.0060(-21), ignored
[275196.616178] aufs do_rmdir_whtmp:810:aufsd[2191]: I/O Error, err -21

But they occured a *long* time ago.

Thanks in advance, sorry for not having any simple way of reproducing
it. :-(

Kindest regards, Jørgen Tjernø.