Hello Philippe,

Philippe Malinge:
> I wrote a script (Cf. end of mail) creating 16384 files in a dummy
> directory (aufs directory), named "dummy.3312", without problem.
        :::
> It seems that each round deletes only the half of number files.
>
> If I do the same on standard NFS directory, no problem : all files and
> directory are removed at #1 round.

Let me make sure,
- on nfs client, you have mounted the nfs with 'proto=tcp' option.
- it was nfs client where you executed the script and rm -fr.
- nobody (both on nfs-server and nfs-client) was accessing the files.
- when you export /diskless/cow/node2, the client succeeds rm -fr.
Am I right?

Just after you failed rm -fr, can you see the files named '.nfsXXX...?'

Junjiro Okajima