[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > Hello Russell,
 >
 > "Russell Harmon":
 >> I was just wondering, has anyone tried to get aufs included in the
 >> kernel? If not, why not?
 >
 > Currently, I don't have a plan to ask kernel people to include aufs.
 > But someday I will try it.

I think I told you this already, but I'll repeat myself :)

I respect you don't wish to ask kernel people to include aufs now. But
please consider simply submitting aufs code to LKML; not for inclusion,
but for review. This is the best chance to see VERY VALUABLE feedback
regarding the code from many developers around the world. You will not
only have a chance to tell about AUFS existence to many people and to
make the code even better, but moreover you'll know what particular
things to change in order to get the code accepted SOMETIME IN THE
FUTURE, if you decide to include it in kernel few years later :)

Thank you for consideration.

Tomas M