I'm experiencing some troubles using an aufs volume
exported by NFS.

I think that the following behaviour isn't expected.

        mkdir A
        touch A/B
        ln A/B B

        i.e. we have a directory with a file and a hard link to it.

        echo test >> A/B --> Works
        echo test >> B   --> Works too, but there is a strange delay

        now,

        rm A/B
        echo test >> B

        --> Still working, but it takes a very long delay now

        --> Another step
        rmdir A

        --> Okay, it won't be remove becauce .nfs* file
        --> But it has a side effect, it brokes the open file descriptor:

        tail: A/B: No such file or directory
        tail: no files remaining

I've tried diferent aufs and kernel versions. Now I'm working with kernel
2.6.22.9 and the last aufs version.

The setup for this test was:

mount -n -t aufs -o
noplink,nowarn_perm,br:/export/rws/servers/caporal=rw:/export/mainroot=ro aufs
/mnt
exportfs  -o no_root_squash,rw,fsid=1 estrella:/mnt
mount -o rw,nfsvers=3 estrella:/mnt /root/testeaufs

Thanks

Bona

p.s.: Another way to test it is trying to use the mutt mail reader with a /tmp
via NFS over
AUFS (mutt does anything very similar to it creating locking files)