Hi,

"Luis Carlos Erpen de Bona":
> > - Are these two tests (Mutt + /tmp+aufs+nfs and Mutt + /tmp+nfs) done on
> >   the same kernel?
> Yes. But I've tested with diferent kernel too.
>
> > - Is CONFIG_SECURITY enabled for the kernel which is used for aufs test?
> No it wasn't. Now I set it. Appears to solve the "delay" problem.

What I intended was that find out the kernel function which returns
ENOENT as a result of fstat(2). I guessed it was security routine. But
it might be wrong since you disabled CONFIG_SECURITY.

I didn't intent to solve or dig your delay problem. And I don't know why
it is solved. Basically CONFIG_SECURITY is unrelated to aufs (unless
CONFIG_AUFS_DLGT is enabled).

I am afraid the behaviour of your tail(1) is related to the
specification or feature of nfs, too.
Will you try unmounting nfs after rmdir in 'Mutt + /tmp+nfs', and see
what will happen? Although you may expect an error EBUSY, it may kill
your tail process too. Please try it.

Junjiro Okajima