Michael Haas wrote:
> [re-sending from correct email address]
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
>>> Julian Andres Klode:
>>> Thank you for your reports.
>>> I will develop another patch for new ubuntu kernel after both of
>>> linux-2.6.24 (no -rc version) and the ubuntu kernel supporting it are
>>> released.
>> Recently linux-2.6.24 was released, and I found
>> linux-source-2.6.24_2.6.24-5.8 ubuntu package. Is this the one which
>> ubuntu users want me to work on?
>> If ubuntu developers have a plan to update their 2.6.24 kernel, I think
>> I should wait for it.
>> If somebody knows such plan, tell me please.
>>

> Here's the git tree where kernel development happens (I think):
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy.git;a=summary
>
> As you can see, 2.6.24 has been merged. There might still be relevant
> changes, but I suppose now is a good time to take a look :)
>
> I suggested to one of the Ubuntu kernel developers that aufs i included
> into linux-ubuntu-modules and he like the idea. He said he'd look at
> those patches you suggested and see if he can incorporate into their
> kernel. I hope I'll hear back from him later today.
That was actually my plan, too.

> It'd be nice if you could find a solution for the API change. Kano from
> the Kanotix projects suggested the following change, but I'm not sure if
> that's the right way to go:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/11586741/aufs_0%2B20071211-1ubuntu2.debdiff
This is based on a previous ubuntu patch. The next upload of the aufs source
package will include a combined patch for vserver and AppArmor (Ubuntu),
based on this one. See my other post for the patch and read my answers there.

--
Julian Andres Klode, Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe
                     Ubuntu Member | Debian Packager | Developer

try Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/ | my site: http://jak-linux.org/
         mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | IRC: juliank
            languages:     German  | English