The smaller code size applies to both cases, just not entirely as
small due to the size of the kobject. It's a pretty small structure,
of which we use one per superblock. The scale makes any savings
negligible.

The sysfs code is all static inline calls, so it carries no footprint
when disabled. The use of kobjects removes quite a bit of code and
would likely be brought up if it were to be merged upstream.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney (mobile)
SUSE Labs