Hi,

Jordi Pujol:
> I have been working on the aufs2.1 modification for 2.6.36,
> using the official kernel 2.6.36 release,
> now it works well on a Debian Live OS where aufs writes the COW on disk,
> and also when the COW is on tmpfs.
>
> here are the patches for aufs2.1 standalone,
>
> http://livenet.selfip.com/ftp/debian/aufs2.1-36/

Now I am testing my aufs2.1-36 for next Monday release.
I noticed that you replaced vfs_statfs() call by a new function
statfs_by_dentry(). I agree it is simple and may be a little faster
because statfs_by_dentry() skips setting f_flags. But I'd like to keep
vfs_statfs() calls because
- while vfs_statfs() is already exported, statfs_by_dentry() is not.
- setting f_flags is not so big operation.
I want to keep the number of adding EXPORT_SYMBOL is minimum, also the
difference between aufs2.1 branches.

Additionally I already made other bugfixes and changes before 2.6.36
which I didn't push yet. Applying these changes, almost all your patch
became unavailable.

Finally, I intended to merge your changes, but I gave up. Sorry, but I
(and probably other users too) appriciate your contribution.

J. R. Okajima

http://p.sf.net/sfu/msIE9-sfdev2dev