joseluis <joseluis <at> digital77.com> writes:

> Jordi Pujol <jordipujolp <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been working on the aufs2.1 modification for 2.6.36,
> > using the official kernel 2.6.36 release,
> > now it works well on a Debian Live OS where aufs writes the COW on disk,
> > and also when the COW is on tmpfs.
> >
> > here are the patches for aufs2.1 standalone,
> >
> > http://livenet.selfip.com/ftp/debian/aufs2.1-36/
> >
> > also I compiled a Debian kernel using it, the source is:
> >
> > http://livenet.selfip.com/ftp/debian/linux-2.6/linux-2.6.36-0.jpp.3-lnet/
> >
> > Please try it and let me know if that could be better,
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Jordi Pujol
> >
> > Live never ending Tale
> > GNU/Linux Live forever!
> > http://livenet.selfip.com
> >

> Gradias Jordi, pero como se instalan esos parches? No hay .deb  ?
>
> Soy José Luis Murillo, estoy tratando de actualizar Colebuntu
> (http://edulibre.info/spip.php?article107) al Ubuntu 10.10
> y al kernel 2.6.36, y mis conocimientos técnicos son mínimos.
> Para crear la dist utilizo remastersys y estoy atascado
> en la incompatibilidad entre aufs 2.1 y el kernel 2.6.36.
> Un saludo

> Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and Canada
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev

Hi Jordi,
We are developing a custom debian distribution bootable via network
(PXE+DHCP+NFS).

Right now he are using debian-live squeeze and everything works more or less
properly. One issue we found is that from time to time X system freezes as is
shown https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/Freeze and in order to get
debug
info seems we need to use a different kernel version (
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=596064#55 they say that error
reporting is somehow broken in squeeze/sid.

I am creating your .deb package (well actually just installing the
dependencies).
I read in the README file that it is optimized, would it allow us to mount
the debufs in order to be able to debug our freezes??

http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl