Am 26.11.2010 20:31, schrieb sf...@users.sourceforge.net:
> Thomas Sachau:
>> I dont mind the way you create this cleanout, but doing all those steps o=
>> n every user system, who
>> wants to compile aufs2 just to remove a word looks like mainly uselessly =
>> wasted resources.
>
> I don't understand why specifyin O= means to waste resources.
> Currently I am thinking these are the main reason of your problem.
> - you want to put the kernel source dir readonly
> - you don't specify O=

You want to prepare another kernel dir and want to call a kernel script and all
of that just to
remove a word from a text file. And you dont understand, why that is a waste of
resources? While
just opening the file in an editor and removing that word would exactly do the
same? And committing
that changed file to git would fix it once and for all.

It is the same as for autotools based build systems: You dont call the
autotools on every user
system, you call them once, then you create the tarball and the user just has
to call configure;
make; make install and none of the auto* tools, which would all do the same on
every user system.

And exactly the same point is here: You can do the change once and for everyone
instead of forcing
everyone to do the same change himself.

Oh and for the kernel source dir being readonly: There is a pretty simple
reason for it:

It prevents random scripts to play with my live system at will instead of
keeping itself inside the
builddir as it should.

--
Thomas Sachau