Thomas Sachau:
> All this extra work, just to be able to compile the aufs2 utils? Seems li=
> ke very big overhead to me,

As long as you want to keep the kernel source tree in readonly place as
your local rule, I believe O= is the best solution for you. Since this
is a generic build method, I don't think it is extra work. But I can
understand it may be a new work for you if you have not ever tried.

> while just removing the "-f Makefile \" line from the standalone Makefile=
>  allows me to build the
> kernel module without issues and it creates the header file for aufs2, al=
> so that contains "__user"
> at one place. And if you just want to remove such a line, it is much easi=
> er to just use a simple sed
> call for that task.
> >=20
> >=20
> >> So Makefile.headersinst is run on aufs_type.h and it should have been =
> pre=3D
> >> processed correctly.
> >=20
> > If it is really processed correctly, then which line caused the error?
> > Is it "__user" modifier?
>
> Yes. Removing that allows me to compile the utils.

I am afraid you specified the wrong include path.
You need to specify the path to the processed aufs_type.h.

J. R. Okajima

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intelisp-dev2dev