Hello Erik,

Erik Braun:
> since some versions of AUFS I encountered problems with log rotating
> cronjobs, when using it together with OpenAFS. The computer then stalls,
> prints some kernel traces about hung tasks, and in an already running
> "top" one can see a increasing load. File accesses are not possible
> then, so that a hard reboot is necessary.

At first, I need the kernel traces (with printed kernel function names,
instead of hexadecimals only), and the source files of OpenAFS which you
are using.

> I use Debian Testing, the problem startet in the last summer, with
> Linux Kernel 3.9 or 3.10 and is still there in Debians 3.13.5. The error
> is the same when using the precompiled module and with a vanilla kernel
> with the patches from git://git.code.sf.net applied. It happens under
> different versions of OpenAFS and with different mount options (udba=...).

A few years ago, a problem around symlink(2) under OpenAFS+aufs was
reported and I read OpenAFS source files at that time. I found a unusual
d_drop() call in OpenAFS and developed a workaound patch for that
problem. The reporter told me that the problem was fixed. But that was
very old versions, and I don't think this is your case.

J. R. Okajima