Thanks for the quick reply!
   I just changed to command to "/media/hdd3=rw:/media/hdd1=rw" swapping the
   hdd1 and hdd3 and it seems to be working.
   Thank you again for the help!
   Daniel

   DaneeLÂ  -Â  <[1]danee...@gmail.com>
   "To boldly go where no one has gone before ..."
   On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:22 PM, <[2]sf...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

     DaneeL:
     > Example: Date will not update
     > xbmc@doboz:~$ touch /media/share/_Series/CSI/testfile
     > xbmc@doboz:~$ ls -l /media/hdd1/_Series/ | grep CSI
     > drwxrwxr-x 2 xbmc xbmc  4096 Jan  5 12:02 CSI
     > xbmc@doboz:~$ ls -l /media/hdd3/_Series/ | grep CSI
     > drwxrwxr-x  2 xbmc xbmc 4096 Jan 21 15:02 CSI
     > xbmc@doboz:~$ ls -l /media/share/_Series/ | grep CSI
     > drwxrwxr-x  2 xbmc xbmc  4096 Jan  5 12:02 CSI
     Ok, by this "touch" /media/hdd3/_Series is updated, but
     /media/share/_Series is not. It is because your branches are
     "/media/hdd1=rw:/media/hdd3=rw".
     The attributes of an aufs dir inherit the first same-named dir in the
     branches. In this case, you have /media/hdd1/_Series,
     /media/share/_Series inherits the /media/hdd1/_Series's timestamps
     instead of /media/hdd3/_Series.
     J. R. Okajima