In my opinion that might be confusing as nothing changed on the topmost
   branch.
   Maybe just update the timestamp on the aufs mount on and not touch the
   topmost branch?
   Anyway, now that I know the logic I'll keep an eye out for this :)
   I don't expect it to happen often but might be helpful for others to know
   this behavior.
   Daniel
   On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:33 PM, <[1]sf...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

     DaneeL:
     > I just changed to command to "/media/hdd3=rw:/media/hdd1=rw" swapping
     the
     > hdd1 and hdd3 and it seems to be working.
     >
     > Thank you again for the help!
     My pleasure.
     But I am wondering, when a multiple writable branches exit, and aufs
     choose the lower one, then aufs should update the timestamps of the
     parent dir on the topmost branch.
     In other words, the behaviour in front of you is due to "mfs" option
     (most-free-space). And if you use another path (other than _Series/CSI),
     you will meet the same problem.
     J. R. Okajima