Michael Johnson - MJ:
> All branches of you aufs mount are btrfs and I do see the 'Warning:
> Un-notified UDBA or repeatedly renamed dir' messages in my logs if I have
> things using inotify.  I use udba=3Dreval.  In fact, here is the full set o=

That is strange.
The message is unrelated to udba option.
Anyway I could find the root cause of the message. Btrfs has a strange
link count of a dir. Even if the dir exists and has a child dir, its
link count is zero. But not always. I don't know the condition when
btrfs sets zero and when maintains correctly.

I created a patch to exclude testing i_nlink for btrfs and succeeded
stop the message. But I am not sure whether the patch can solve the
ESTALE problem you two see, because aufs checks i_nlink in several
places and I don't know where is the trigger of the problem.

J. R. Okajima