Hello J.

"Jean-Ray Arseneau":
> Now, from my understanding of the manual, the way I=E2=80=99m mounting with=
>  pmfsrr, I am setting a [low] value of 50GB. Again, according to my =
> understanding, if all branches are below the =E2=80=9Clow=E2=80=9D value, =
> it will just round robin to one of the other branches that has the most =
> space (from man: If there are less than =E2=80=99low=E2=80=99 bytes =
> available on all branches where the parent dir exists, aufs selects the one=
>  which has the most free space regardless the parent dir).

Yes, 'pmfsrr' should behave such like that.
If CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG is disabled, can you enable it and rebuild aufs
module? If so, set the module parameter 'debug' ON, and then

$ echo 1 > /sys/fs/module/aufs/parameter/debug
$ cp 2GB-file /mnt/media/music/artist/file.mp4
$ echo 0 > /sys/fs/module/aufs/parameter/debug

This will print many debug information including how aufs selected the
branch. I may send you another debug patch to print more information and
ask you to apply/rebuild if you can.

I will start reproducing the problem on my side with much smaller size
in a few days.

J. R. Okajima (another 'J.')