On 05/30/2010 12:36 AM, Nathan O. wrote:
On 05/30/2010 12:38 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
On 30/05/10 15:20, Nathan O. wrote:
I am trying to run makechrootpkg -r /aur -- -i in the dir that contains
the PKGBUILD

/usr/bin/makepkg: line 461: /dev/null: Permission denied

I redid the chroot with mkarchroot -f /aur/root base base-devel sudo to
see if that would help but still the same error. I tried another package
earlier and it gave the same error, thought maybe there was something
else wrong.

Are you running it as root? It needs root permissions and then makechrootpkg changes to user nobody to do the building.

Allan

Yup it is being ran as root

Hmm I restarted after some pacman upgrades and now it works. Now atleast this is a solution to try if anybody else gets this error.