Actually, though the project name is "lightworks", the packages distributed upstream are all named
"lwks". I feel like, keeping in line with upstream's naming convention, it makes sense to keep the
name "lwks".

The "lwks" package includes the word "Lightworks" in the description, which
means it can be found easily. Also, the "lwks" package has 21 votes to
"lightworks" 0.

Yeah, but Arch Linux TUs seem to prefer "project name" than "package name proposed by the upstream". I have recently reported an issue stating that it's not possible to find PowerDNS with pacman -Ss powerdns. xyproto changed the package name from pdns (that's how the tarball is named upstream) to powerdns. https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/38231

--
Kind regards,
Damian Nowak