On 12/08/15 13:49, Doug Newgard wrote:
In my case, I have some that I'm actively trying to get maintainers for; in the mean time, I'm looking after them even though they are listed as being orphaned. Is this not to be allowed now? Should all "orphan" packages in the official repos be deleted, just assume nobody is looking after them? I updated one package just a few days before it was randomly deleted. There's other stories further up in this thread about them being deleted after only a few hours, all with no notice. If a time limit is to be implemented, it needs to be limit long enough that the package is both unlikely to be being used and unlikely to work anymore. A month or two wouldn't cut it. A notice should also be sent out to anyone set to get notifications for that package with enough lead time for someone to pick it up. Doug

Same here. I was still monitoring the couple of packages i'd orphaned, i was hoping someone would take over maintenance. For a time at least, i'd have addressed any issues with them.

Anyways, i've re-added the packages and will stay maintainer of them until things settle down a bit.

--
Regards,

Rob McCathie