Jul 18, 2023 07:09:56 Adam Labus <adam.labuz...@gmail.com>:

> Hi, quick question:
> Why aren't pull requests made directly on gitlab/somewhere on the site, but
> instead are sent over email. Even from the human aspect, I think most devs
> want to track their "ego points" in the form of how many merges they made.
>
> Or is it just me who is doing it wrong and I should put patches into comments
> instead?
That depends entirely on the maintainer of the AUR package, there is no
"standard" for contributing patches to the maintainer. Some provide a
Git{hub,lab,ea} repository for their AUR packages, some don't. Most people who
decide to contribute to the maintainer tend to either send the patch by email
or put it in a pastebin/gist and put the link in the comments.