On 7/18/23 07:39, Kusoneko wrote:

Jul 18, 2023 07:09:56 Adam Labus <adam.labuz...@gmail.com <mailto:adam.labuz...@gmail.com>>:

    Hi, quick question:
    Why aren't pull requests made directly on gitlab/somewhere on the
    site, but instead are sent over email. Even from the human aspect, I
    think most devs want to track their "ego points" in the form of how
    many merges they made.

    Or is it just me who is doing it wrong and I should put patches into
    comments instead?

That depends entirely on the maintainer of the AUR package, there is no "standard" for contributing patches to the maintainer. Some provide a Git{hub,lab,ea} repository for their AUR packages, some don't. Most people who decide to contribute to the maintainer tend to either send the patch by email or put it in a pastebin/gist and put the link in the comments.

You also have to remember the migration to the gitlab only officially happened last month. There's still some pieces being figured out and discussed. The goal from what i can tell is to move everything to the gitlab, but we're not completely there.

https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/list/pacman-...@lists.archlinux.org/thread/XAMX6OEIQZM5BC37MUOPNFZ2RENWYMKU/

https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/infrastructure/-/issues/515

You -can- submit issues and merge requests on the gitlab already, but it's not "officially" how things are done. (As far as I know).