Changing the license does indeed change the package, as it means that different license files are installed, though I'm not sure whether that warrants bumping the pkgrel, and spamming the same comment across several packages by the same maintainer is certainly disruptive. That said, I've only seen one comment by them, and I have not seen any other valid complaints about xiota. Could you link to the other pkgbases they've commented on?

Also, welcome to the aur-general mailing list! Familiarize yourself with [the mailing list guidelines][1]. Highlights include using plain text emails.

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/General_guidelines#Mailing_lists
--
Cheers,
Aᴀʀᴏɴ