On 1/22/24 14:43, Doug Newgard wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 09:24:04 +0100
Robin Candau <an...@archlinux.org> wrote:

On 1/22/24 00:47, Aaron Liu wrote:
Changing the license does indeed change the package, as it means that
different license files are installed, though I'm not sure whether that
warrants bumping the pkgrel,
Here it is not question of changing the license but simply switching the
current license to SPDX identifiers [1] in the license array. The
installed license files (if there are) are not changed. So, unless the
license itself changed, simply switching to an SPDX identifier as Mark
Wagie did does not change the package and I think it's fine not bumping
the pkgrel _just_ for that.

Changing package metadata does change the package, though.

But when it's not in a way that would be impacting for the end users (like it's the case here) there's no _need_ to trigger a rebuild for users simply because of that. The point is, in that specific case, bumping the pkgrel is fine, not bumping it is fine either. Such a change can totally wait for the next pkgver bump (or _required_ pkgrel bump).

--
Regards,
Robin Candau / Antiz