Hi Victor,

It is not open source. I'm using it with a purchased license. The license is forever - buy it once, and it continues to work throughout upgrades. Mine has continued to work with no issues since 2014.

On 9/28/26 9:24 AM, Victor A. Stoichita wrote:
Hi Răzvan, and thanks for taking up Transcribe!

Out of curiosity, what’s its license? I couldn’t find it on their
website, but they say that you should buy one if you want to use the
software beyond the 30 days evaluation period. Is it opensource?

Regards,
Victor


Le 28 sept. 2026, Razvan Cojocaru <[email protected]> a écrit :

Hi,

And thanks for granting me maintainership of Transcribe!. [1] I've
made it up-to-date, and squashed a few minor bugs in the
PGKBUILD scripts.

This is a popular music transcription software, and it's currently got
12 votes.

Would it make sense to add it to extra? If it would, what would that entail?

Thanks!

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/transcribe

Reply via email to