On 9/29/26 11:23 AM, Sean E. Russell wrote:
Not OP, but

On Sun Sep 27, 2026 at 9:46 PM PDT, David C Rankin wrote:
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]>
...
How about sending an e-mail to "[email protected]" ??

I tried this on the 23rd, and I'm still subscribed. I wanted to give it time
before I made a comment about it, but I think 6 days should be enough for the
MLM to react?

Well, that's fair, and 6 minutes should be enough, it's just a script that runs (or is supposed to run) on incoming mail to that address that unsubscribes the "From: e-mail@address" in the header from the list.

If you are still subscribed, the AUR folks responsible for this need to take a look.

Just my $0.02 "leave" is contrary to the last 30 years of "unsubscribe" being used as the trigger to unsubscribe from a mailing list. The word can be anything, so long as the backend that looks for that word does what it is supposed to.

If it were me, just based on how things used to word (and I'm old, so that goes back a long way), I'd send a mail to [email protected] with the single word, leave, as the subject, and the single word, leave, in the body of the message. The subject and body have also been used at varying times to pick up the word.

(you can leave your signature on, it's ignores)

Thank you for posting back to the list, if the published method to unsubscribe isn't working -- then it needs to be fixed.



--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Reply via email to