On 26/10/08 04:46PM, [email protected] wrote:
> Aaaaand it's back. I did nothing. I was shopping groceries. Same error.
> 
> On Thursday, 8 October 2026 at 18:28, [email protected] 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> > Thanks @all! It works now. I managed to change my public IP. That used to 
> > be easier a decade ago. :-D
> > On Thursday, 8 October 2026 at 14:44, [email protected] 
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> https://status.archlinux.org claims that the AUR is fully operational, but 
> >> I still get the EOF error. What can I do?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> John
> >>
> >> On Tuesday, 6 October 2026 at 00:11, [email protected] 
> >> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>

If you get an EOF even though status.archlinux.org claims that it is up
this can mean two possible things:

- There is a regional outage
- You got banned for violating our rate limits

Please check if you have any scripts or service running that are sending
a lot of requests, if you send your IP to [email protected]
we can also help you understanding why exactly you got banned.

Also there are a few tools that do stupid things to use the AUR either
for uptime monitoring or to check for new versions, take
https://github.com/ericc-ch/copilot-api/issues/262 as an example.

Cheers,
Chris

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to