I get one from a guy in Melbourne called dontronics (Don McKenzie) & it
always seems to work.   Somebody at Southern Cross GC put me on to these 8
years ago. Yes it is a few dollars more but always work.

I did had a Jaycar or Altronics one & sent it to nick Gilbert to see if he
could get it to work. His response was "I threw it in the bin as was
useless"

Ian Mc Phee
0428847642
Box 657 Byron Bay NSW 2481