With two of my club's old Mini Oz Flarms pushing up daisies, and more likely to follow soon, it's time for us to get some new ones. We fly at Camden, so lots and lots of random air traffic about - some IFR, lots of RAAUS types etc. Thus, PowerFlarm with ADS-B option seems like a reasonable thing for us to contemplate. What's the general thoughts on where that is going and adoption rates? IIRC the yanks just rescinded their mandatory requirements for it, and something happened here in Oz around it too, but my google-fu is weak.

If we look at a 10 year lifespan for equipment, then the horizon of the adoption of ADS-B is the interesting bit to us, rather than equipment cost.

--
Justin Couch                                 http://www.vlc.com.au/
Java 3D Graphics Information                    http://www.j3d.org/