There was some comment recently on the "rough air" thread where the comparison of the flight load spectrum from German research was made to the results of Australian measurements used in the Janus fatigue test program.  One comment was Australian gusts were recorded as twice as severe as in Germany and another comment (from memory) suggested, no, it was half.

I was looking at the Janus fatigue test reports today for another reason.  However I noted that the German loads spectrum was more severe than the results of Australian flight load measurements.

This is explained in the report as being due to the inclusion of aerobatics in the German Janus flying leading to high + and - g loads.  Also the German spctrum included lee wave and mountain flying, again leading to higher loads.

As always the results vary according to what you measure.

Roger Druce