I don't know what they call it
The stuff I bought is a dark blue colour and comes two thicknesses, about 1 & 2cm.
It's probably not the memory foam that you read about in the US, but it is high
density, and gradually conforms. I just throw a sheet of the stuff in the single
seaters & find it a vast improvement.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 25/11/01 18:05:20 >>>
>From: "Derek Ruddock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>What I would suggest is to replace your foam with a high density conforming
>foam. Clark rubber sells sheets of it: you would have to build up a few
>layers to the required thickness. It's firm at first, but conforms to your
>shape & is extremely confortable for extended periods.

Derek, what do Clark Rubber call the stuff?

I've asked for Dynafoam, Astronaut foam, conforming foam and a number of
other variations I've found from discussions here and on r.a.s. and all I
get is puzzled looks.

At Clark Rubber's Brookvale store, the best thing I found was a 20mm sheet
of what they called "EVA" foam (IIRC) which was a lurid mixture of green and
yellow and was intended as a mat for Yoga or a gym mat.  It's expensive
(about $20/m2) and light and takes a longlasting impression of the seam and
back pocket in my trousers when I use it as a glider cushion.  Is this the
sort of stuff you have in mind?

I've also found heavier stuff (more like latex foam) which is sold as boat
cushions but this seems too resilient.

What did they describe it as?  Or did you just do like me and say "I'll have
that piece there, thanks"?

Graeme Cant