I suspect that we don't all fully understand the management structure of the
GFA so here is a summary of how it works currently:

There are two groups - Executive and Council

The Executive is 6 people and it basically runs the GFA.
The Executive consists of Pres, VP, Treas, CTO Ops, CTO Tech, CTO Sports and
they meet about 6 times each year.

Now Council consists of the 6 Executive and 15 Councillors and they meet as
a group once every year for 2 days.
Purpose of Council is to determine policy.
(I am continual suprised at how many people belived that the Council only
consisted of Councillors)

Councillors represent the regions, the Executive represents the National
view.

Note that the Councillors never meet as an independent group and as such it
is impossible for any common regional policies/proposal to be effectively
developed since there is little opportunity for discussion.

In some States where State Associations are working the 3 councillors meet
and usually represent the views of the state association. Where there is no
State Association, those Councillors would represent the views of pilots
they seek to represent or there own view.

This is intended as a quick summary if you have specific questions ask and I
will try to answer.

Regards
Peter Robinson
Councillor