Hi Peter

Some Tost Releases have multiple mounting holes, and it is possible to mount on the wrong holes for the specific A/C, if this happens it will causes premature back release, this also adjusts the cable release length ( the arm moves relative to the installation) which could also cause "hair trigger" response.

Chris Runeckles   GFA G1630
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: [aus-soaring] Back release on a CoG tow hook.

It is a round cage.

PeterS
----- Original Message -----
From: Ian McPhee
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 10:55 PM

Does the IS29 have a round cage or the two parallel NS bars as I am unfamilar with it.  In anycase these releases HAVE DIFFERENT SPRINGS.  In 3 cases recently I have heard of the wrong spring being fitted to TOST releases.  This may not be your trouble but it is worth reminding others of this potentially dangerous situation.  Please ask if in doubt
Ian McPhee