At 11:18 AM 15/07/03 +1000, you wrote:
>Surely beauty is in the eye of the beholder Mike.
>
>Haven't seen the particular site you mention but the Aussie wind gen farms I
>have seen look OK to me.  A bit like most man-made objects - the design
>aesthetics seem to be the key to acceptance or not.
>
>I rather like the look of modern coal fired power stations too - so perhaps
>this disqualifies me from comment.
>(Haven't seen too many attractive mobile phone towers though.)
>---
>Regards,
>Phil Behnke

Wait until you've seen Tehachapi.
I wonder what the effect is of pulling energy out of the boundary layer
with windmills?(let alone the bird kill rate)

Anyway...

What's to like about coal fired power stations?
The vast holes in the ground they dig the coal from?
The stack effluent?
The effluent scrubber disposal ponds?
The radioactives going up the stack?(a nuke would be shut down if it
emitted the radioactivity that the average coal fired power station emitted)
The waste disposal in your lungs?
The number of people getting killed mining and transporting coal?

Fly over Tarong some time or better still the Hunter valley.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784
          Int'l + 61 429 355784