And what would the equivalent price list be for a Lycoming overhaul?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 31/07/03 8:39:09 >>>
Sounds interesting, but apart from lower fuel consumption (maybe) , I
wonder if this engine would indeed be any cheaper to run than a Lycoming.
Recent enquiries by myself has revealed that a 914 Turbo (110hp) has a
close to A$18000 parts list for a 1200hr o'haul.
A new 914 Turbo is approx $30000.   I can't see the V6 coming in under
$40000, with an overhaul price to match.

Cheers

Mark

At 06:59 AM 31/07/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>Perhaps this is our next engine for towing 220HP and 300HP
>Turbo!!  Remember the 220HP will be equ to about 235hp  Lyc because of
>lower prop speed with reduction.  The present Rotax have been increased
>from 1200hr to 1500hr TBO. Extract below from Aerokurier  Ian McPhee
>
>New Rotax aero engines
>Rotax is expanding its aero engine programme. A liquid-cooled V6 with 3104
>cc engine capacity is at an advanced stage of development. This will be
>offered in a normally aspirated and a turbo version,.
>      The type designations are V220 and V300T. The numbers indicate the
> power output in hp. The maximum output of both powerplants is 6,000 rpm,
> which is unusual for an aero engine. The cruising speed is around 5,000
> rpm. A reduction gear reduces the crankshaft rpm by a factor of 3. A
> Piper Arrow fitted with a Rotax V6 has been undergoing flight testing
> since 11 March 2002.
>Our aerokurier exclusive describes the technical details of the V220 and
>V300T, which should be available from 2005.

Mark Fisher
School of Exercise Science and Sport Management
Southern Cross University
Lismore, NSW, 2480
Australia
Ph: +61 2 66203655