Slightly off topic, but sometimes griped about on this list (what else to do on a cold winter's day).

My friends always laugh about the antiquated computer I use at home (Power Mac freebie [It was going to go to the dump!!!] courtesy of Cath Conway), at least it doesn't get bothered by all the stupid viruses, worms or trojan horses floating around in Windows land. Also our machine uses Netscape (again available free) running system 7.6.1

Yes I can see you all falling on the floor laughing!.

OK Microsoft has set standards for office computing and monopolised personal computer use all around the world (I use windows based computers at work, and yes I use Microsoft Office at home). As we all know this is the Achilles heel, since one infection can stuff up so many computers because they are essentially clones.

However, my backward, tortoise of a system will chug along (much like the cockroach after a nuclear attack).

So for those who bemoan windows based systems, remember there are alternatives.

Long live hybrid vigour!

Cheers,

Michael Texler

PS. Big thanks to Simon Hackett et al for the spam free nature of this list. (There is enough spam from the people who post to this list anyway [only joking!!!]).

-- * You are subscribed to the aus-soaring mailing list. * To Unsubscribe: send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] * with "unsubscribe aus-soaring" in the body of the message * or with "help" in the body of the message for more information.