My 2cents worth
        I personally am quite peeved at this and I think it could just be
a revenue raising exercise on the part of PA.
        I am peeved because I just spent a large amount of money on
reconditioning my PA chute a short time ago and PA took my money
with no mention of this.  I now have a chute in perfect condition that will
be US in a short time.  I know what the experts will say, I.E.  This is a
liability issue.  Not True!  PA could have just as easily issued a AD
requiring life extension on the basis of inspection.  This passes any
legal liability onto the inspector.  Anyway enough of my bleating, I will
vote with my wallet and buy a National from Mike Borgelt.

> Yes I got knocked back on a chute (the German girl involved in local
> school phoned up PA to check!!) pack because of this new "AD" from Aug
> and am surprised there has not been more publicity of same as it could
> well involve a large number chutes in Oz in Gliding. Leaving the chute
> AS IS is not an option as all the rubber bands (from office supply co)
> will be perrished as mine were.  Tom G alerted me to it at Queensland
> comps time Ian McPhee Box 657  Byron Bay  NSW  2481  Australia Tel +61
> (0)2 66 847 642  Mob +61 (0)428 847 642 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> www.mrsoaring.com

ANDREW WRIGHT