These guys in the FAI / IGC are totally out of touch with grass roots
gliding, and the weekend pilot who's happy to get to a few camps every now
and again and wants to claim a badge.

Is it any wonder that gliding is on the decline worldwide ?

One wonders what's really wrong with a Garmin GPS track log ?  Get your
offical observer to clear the log, locking it in a tamper-proof sealed
plastic box, secure the box in the aircraft, have your flight, and then get
the OO to open the box and download the track log.

So, instead of a Garmin GPS worth maybe $400, we now have a "IGC approved
secure flight recorder" worth several thousand.

All for what exactly ?

Jason

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:46:22 +1030, Christopher  Mc Donnell wrote