This is very very good abdvice from Mike.

We had the situation years ago when we wanted to possibly buy a Janus B
instead of a second Twin Astir (retract undercarriage version) to expand our
club two seater fleet.  Our President at the time Gary Sunderland advised
against a second Twin (very good idea) and suggested a Janus B.  We (ie us
other Committee mmebers) responded that we would never find an owner in
Australia (there being very few such gliders in Australia at that time 1987)
who would want to sell, since surely all the owners would know what a great
glider they had their hands on and would never want to let go.  Gary
convinced us we should write around to all the owners and ask if any wanted
to sell.  We said "Well you reckon its agood idea so you implement it" which
he did.  We (ie us other Committee members) simply couldn't believe our
fortune when we got a reply in the affirmative and so we jumped at the
chance and bought Janus B VH-IZI (originally brought into the country by
Jack Brabham I believe).  This move worked so well that we went hugely into
debt a year later to buy Peter Griffo's Janus B "VU".  (Why worry about debt
when you're doing the right thing!!)

These two gliders have acted as the glue to keep the club (VMFG) together
instead of falling apart as private ownership takes over.  That is to say,
if you have a significant prvate ownership component then you need decent
two seaters with a true cross country capability to attract your private
owners to fly with their fellow club members and keep the comraderie alive.

Again, I say, top advice from Mike .. In the vernacular "Way to go..."

Roger Druce
VMFG