Date: 01/24/05 00:27:56
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Rope On Winches

Can anyone out there who is using rope on winches or has had experience
doing so please let me know if:

-they use a trace on the glider end of the rope
-they use a recovery chute
-how do they cope with stretch in the rope (ie: use non stretch rope or
auto transmission or some other means) ?
-What technique you use to get the twist out of new rope ?
-Is the swivel effective or a waste of time ?
-Do you splice your joins or tie knots ?
-Do you use a rope or metal weak link ?
-Do you use a tension measuring device ?
-why did you go with or stay with rope rather than wire ?
-which ropes have you tried and liked or disliked ?
-what surface are you operating on: ie grass gravel etc ?

Cheers

Michael Derry
Have Fun Flying Safely

PS Hopefully someone from the Gippsland Gliding Club will reply.