Perhaps the GFA web site would be a good place to make this accumulated knowledge available.

Cheers

Don

Christopher H Thorpe wrote:
To say the GFA Executive is lax in the investigation of accidents is absurd.
All accidents are investigated promptly, and the coroner is usually involved
where there are fatalities.  Reporting has also improved, with the last
summary of accidents reported in the August 2004 edition of Soaring
Australia.

It is worth remembering that there are no "new" types of accidents and
lessons previously learned remain relevant today.  We just need to keep
reinforcing those vital aspects that can reduce the risk of accidents.

A news report of the latest accident can be found using the following link:-

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,15033326%255E
3102,00.html

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ronald E Baker Sent: Thursday, 21 April 2005 12:29 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia. Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] GFA and accident investigations

Hi,
Being an ex member of Gympie SC, I commiserate with all of the members in
their sad lose of a member under such tragic circumstances.
However I do agree with Robert that the GFA hierarchy appears to be so lax
in the investigating and the reporting of accidents. Perhaps I am wrong, but
like Robert, I cannot recall a detailed report for many years. The last
report that I can recall was back in the dim dark past when AG was in its
smaller format. However I am glad it was not a Puchacz to add to the sorry
history of that type.