On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:45:25 +0930
"Bob Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> yes Leigh,  It would have been Richard who retired as Air Commodore R
> Gething and was the GFA Secretary for quite a few years ...  You
> mention an obit...perhaps I missed seeing it. I wonder what issue it was
> in.

Well, I have some info... Ann Woolf at Waikerie has been scanning her
collection of AGs, running from 1948 to 1997. The scanned AGs will be for
sale on CD.

She has made an index of articles and author. The index is big: when I
work out how to usefully put it online I will do that.

Back to Richard Gething. I searched the index I have and found the Gething
name on many articles, the first being:

  Aug 1962 - Mardi Gething - correspondence on fundraising

The last ones I can see are:

  Oct 1976 - GFA Secretary to retire - Richard T Gething
  Sep 1977 - MM Waghorn wrote a profile on Richard Gething
  Nov 1977 - Report of secretary - R T Gething

If there is a Final Glide for him, I couldn't see it in the index.