 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of Leigh
Bunting
Sent:    15 September 2005 9:17 PM
To:     Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject:        Re: [Aus-soaring] Pilatus tailwheel

Geoff Vincent wrote:

>The PIK has the same type of wheel.  Installing a new (6-ply Tost) tyre
>just needs strong fingers, lubrication (glycerine is good) and a lot of
>perseverance.

A number of gliders in SA are wearing 200 x 50 wheels purchased from
materials handling shops. These are robust plastic with bearings and
grey tires as used on wheel chairs/hospital equipment. They seem to be
successful and for ~$35, you wouldn't bother replacing the tyre,
although you can.

FWIW & YMMV

--
Leigh Bunting