Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] EPIRB/GPIRB

Geoff Kidd wrote:

> Does anyone have a suggestion on what is the best small 406 MHz EPIRB
> (GPIRB) that complies with the post Feb 2009 requirements?

I am not aware of any *personal* beacons that meet the new requirements
that is available in Australia.

I googled and could only find http://www.gme.net.au/epirb/mt400.php,
which is not a personal system but a vehicle system.

I suspect that as we track towards the year when the older system is
being replaced by the 406MHz system such units will become available.

--
Robert Hart [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+61 (0)438 385 533   http://www.hart.wattle.id.au