I am sure we all do a lot of reading about gliding and also store away lots of info from other sources.
So for a bit of fun I thought I would start a trivia list that we could all add to.
Wikepedia if you wish.

Chris McDonnell

1. The first two men to set foot on French soil on D Day (though they landed on their heads through a barbed wire fence (as ordered)) were glider pilots.
2. The first man on the moon, Neil Armstrong was a glider pilot.
3. The first gliding record (post 1903) was set by the Wright Brothers (duration).
4. Most heavy cargo aircraft today are developments of cargo glider concepts.