Hi

At the pilots' meeting held at DDSC during the last State Championships, it was decided to follow the NSWGA and base the Qld rules on the Nationals rules.

I have now completed the first draft of this and these new draft rules are now available on the GQ web site in the competitions area.
   http://www.glidingqueensland.org.au/Competitions/index.htm

Please send me any comments or queries.

I anticipate these rules will be discussed at the next GQ committee meeting and will go from there to the GQ AGM.

For your information, there is some discussion occurring in Qld on clarifying and strengthening the rules regarding radios to ensure that unreadable mandatory radio calls (for whatever reason) and unmade mandatory calls (for whatever reason) are penalised. This arose out of the experience of poor radios/batteries in a number of gliders at the last state competition.

This discussion is not currently reflected in the rules, but which (probably) already cover this situation. Any change would, as noted above, would be to clarify and strengthen this part of the rules with the intent that penalties would be applied for breaches of the rules, which currently does not occur (at least has not in any comp I have attended).

--
Robert Hart                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+61 (0)438 385 533                        http://www.hart.wattle.id.au