Guys,
     Some of you are barking up the wrong tree.

Part 47 or the new regulations and the new aircraft register have nothing
directly to do with aviation security.  The new database called AIRES from
memory replaces LARP - LARP had been due for replacement for so long it was
not even Y2000 compliant but it managed to do its job until September 2005.
It was really a smart thing to do to do both at the same time, however it
appears that someone did not appreciate the size of the job and the change
over was under resourced.

As far as your ASIC cards are concerned, aviation security belongs to the
Department of Transport, CASA simply act as one of the issuing authorities
for the card, maybe they have been overwhelmed with applications, other
options are RAA is you're a member or possibly your local airport operator.

For as long as I have been involved with aviation the DCA through to CASA
have been as easy target for many in aviation - the regulator - dammed if
you do and dammed if they don't. The current upheaval in the flying
operations areas will not improve the situation in the short term either -
there are a lot of pissed of staff over there at Barry Ave.

SDF