Thank you John & Stephen.
My records show that GLB has the factory serial number of 31 which raises some doubt about it being a homebuilt. The one in the museum in WA is GRE with the factory number of 42, so the mystery deepens. My records show there were three(3) homebuilts. GNW(John Fisher)wrecked,GLQ(ex Kevin Sedgman) wrecked, GLD (last known owner A O'Donoghue) fate or location unknown. The other fate/location unknown is GRU (serial 52) whose mark is now with Mike Borgelt's Ventus which I think is nice as he did his silver C in an ES57. I have talked to the current owner of GLB recently and will send your photo on to him when I receive it Stephen. Thanks very much though fellas as the info adds to the little register I am building.

Chris McDonnell

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kittel, Stephen W (ETSA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:54 AM
Subject: Kingfishers WAS: [Aus-soaring] Call for photos

I think there were 2 Kingfishers at Port Augusta Gliding Club in about
the early 60's.
One club aircraft and one private owned. The club one also went into
private hands when PAGC bought an Arrow. One of them was badly damaged
(and rebuilt) by a blow over (thermal). GLB was one of these two.
I have a scanned picture of GLB on my laptop (at home) I will try to
remember to check tonight.

Regards
SWK

PS My Silver distance was Port Augusta to Orroroo also.