Tom, you misunderstand my comment, what I meant was I was happy the current
image reflected the actual situation in gliding right now, not that I was
happy with the current situation! Ironic you say you don't want to join the
discussion then do so anyway!

Actually I wanted to comment on the percieved situation which I saw as a side issue to the stream of conversation at that time.

I also firmly believe that junior events should be alcohol free during the
event after experiencing the last Joey glide. Top sportsmen these days
virtually abstain from alcohol during their seasons, it was noticeable the
top finishers were rarely seen drinking during the comp at the last Joey
Glide

Unless to go ahead and ban alcohol at every comp you cant really do it at one. As long as the flying is not affected in terms of safety then it is not really a comp issue. If anything you could ban alcohol on the campsite and clubhouse, but then everyone would just go into town. There are already rules regarding drinking and flying. I cant see anyone having either the authority or the ability to go above these.

Tom (who enjoys a drink with other juniors at the end of a day of fantastic flying)