Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] End of Scheibe after 55 odd years

Any knowledge whether Sammut has *all* the old records from Scheibe ?
What about vintage stuff like Bergfalkes ? and fibreglass like SF34s ?
The Sammut web site appears to be only available in German, so I can't get much from it at this stage.
John G. (uneducated monolinguistic engineer)

Ian McPhee wrote:
Got this skype texting tonight from Stefan Senger at Eurcopter in Munchen - the end of an era. I gather since old scheibe died a few years ago the son in laws have gradually dropped out of business and the competition from all the UL motorgliders from the old eastern Europe countries.

[8:23:58 PM] S. Senger says: I yust called Scheibe, they are closed since two weeks now ! So the company is not longer existent !

[8:26:33 PM] S. Senger says: The support for the falkes is now done by the company Sammet in Heubach, Germany !

[8:31:48 PM] S. Senger says: I know Hartmut Sammet quite well .

Ian McPhee (skype   macca304)
Box 657
Byron Bay  NSW  2481  Australia
Tel +61(0)2 66847642 mob +61(0)428847642