-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kittel,
Stephen W (ETSA)
Sent: Tuesday, 28 November 2006 10:44 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: RE: [Aus-soaring] Re: interesting

Yes, indeed.
As the owner of a private hangar located exactly where the road will go,
I am very interested in how it will all pan out.

The current information is that the airfield will remain. Most likely
with one runway realigned slightly and the other one extended to make up
for the loss caused by the highway going over it. Existing farmland
needs to be acquired to do this.
The ASC clubhouse/workshops/hangars, all the private hangars and the
Gawler Trotting track will go. There is an offer of replacement for the
club assets (and presumably for the private owners too) but no
negotiations taken place yet (was only formally announced about a
fortnight ago).

Early days yet, but it seems Highways department (and council) want the
airfield to remain, basically as a buffer to prevent people building
houses too close to the new expressway.

SWK

This email and any file attachments are confidential and
they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please tell us immediately
by return email and delete the document.
The information in this email expresses the opinion of the author
and does not necessarily represent the views of ETSA Utilities.